Drikung Retreat Center
- Purpose: To build a Drikung Retreat Center & Drikung Retirement village at BuddhaLand, KY-USA. Center will provide the retreat for Tibet monks in the world.
- Under the Spiritual Guidance of: His Holiness the Drikung Kyabgön Chetsang
- Director: Drupon Thinley Ningpo Rinpoche
- Project Managers: Ben Vaughan, Tibet Monk from Drikung group -TBD .
- Supporters: Several Sanghas of His Holiness lineage, Nam Do, Mai Pham, Van Tran, Tung Tran, and other supporters.
- More Details: Contact Drupon Thinley Ningpo Rinpoche (240-446-9046); Ben Vaughan (270-980-1118); Lincoln Crone (727-452-7714) or Nam Do/BuddhaLand (502-648-2050).
Project has 3 sections
Section A: On 15 Acres. To build a Stupa of Enlightenment. It was completed on Oct. 2019. Click here for more details on the building of the Stupa.
Section B: On 20 Acres
- Completed the first cave and built bases for 3 other caves in the future.
- Plan to build 10 cabins for retreat monks.
His Holiness the Drikung Kyabgon Chetsang will come to Buddhaland for the Grand Opening Ceremony of our Drikung Retreat Center and the Stupa of Enlightenment at Buddhaland on June 29, 2021.
Ground Breaking Ceremony
Drupon Rinpoche interviewed by SBTN TV Channel – Washington DC on the Ground Breaking Ceremony Event.